Take Action

We invite you to get involved:

  • Contact one of our chapters to get involved in your local community — or to find out how to start your own chapter.
  • Write a letter to the editor to your local newspaper.
  • Let your public officials know that you want them to act to get explosive oil trains out of our neighborhoods.

How To Contact Your Public Officials

It’s easy to contact public officials. What you say does not have to be perfect or cover everything!  Just speak from the heart. Share concerns YOU have about any of the following issue or others: safety, flooding, pollution, impact on wildlife and environmentally sensitive areas, vibration, noise, blocked crossings, access to recreation, property values, and/or tax revenues.

Make it easy on yourself. Write an email. Before sending, copy the message so you can paste it into emails to other public officials.  Making things happen depends on all of us contacting public officials.

US Congress: Find Your Senator

US Congress: Find Your Representative

President Barack Obama

Wisconsin: Find my legislator

WI Governor Scott Walker

State of WI Senate Members

State of WI House Members

 Minnesota: Who Represents Me

MN Governor Mark Dayton

State of MN Senate Members

State of MN House Members

Iowa: Find Your Legislator

IA Governor Terry Branstad

State of IA Senate Members

State of IA House Members

Illinois: Legislator Lookup

IL Governor Bruce Rauner

State of IL Senate Members

State of IL House Members

Army Corps of Engineers:

Mr. Chad Konickson,

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District

180 Fifth Street East, Suite 700

Saint Paul, MN 55101-1678

Email: chad.konickson@usace.army.mil